This tutorial provides 2 CEUs and is ideal for:
- Radiation Physicists. All 71.0 CEUs have been approved by CAMPEP for Medical Physics Continuing Education Credits.
- Nuclear Medicine and Radiology Technologists. The VOICE program of the Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging (SNMMI) has reviewed this program and approved it for a maximum of 71 continuing education hours. Because these tutorials have been approved by the VOICE Program, they are accepted for CE credit in all 50 states and by ARRT and NMTCB, even if you are not a VOICE/SNMMI member.
- Physicians requiring CME Credits to maintain IAC Accreditation. All 71.0 CME Credits have been approved by the IAC and are listed on the resources page of their website.
Proceed to the Tutorial: Interaction of Ionizing Radiation with Matter Tutorial
Proceed to the Quiz: Interaction of Ionizing Radiation With Matter Quiz
Purchase Tutorial: Payment link (Credit Cards/Paypal)
INTERACTION OF IONIZING RADIATION WITH MATTER: 2 CEU This tutorial gives an overview on Interaction of Ionizing Radiation With Matter
Objectives: Interaction of Ionizing Radiation with Matter
Topics to be covered
- Bremsstrahlung production and its utility in producing radiographs.
- an explanation of how highly charged particles coming near a nucleus can produce these x-rays.
- Photoelectric effect, its causes, and the energy balance involved.
- Probability of the photo electric affect occurring based on the Z number of the absorber and the energy of the photon.
- Internal conversion and a comparison with Photoelectric Effect
- The Compton affect and a description of how high-energy photons interact with matter
- Pair production and the energy requirements for this interaction to take place.
After completion of this tutorial, one should be able to
- Explain what Bremsstrahlung are and what causes their formation.
- Explain the utility of Bremsstrahlung radiation in radiographic procedures
- Describe the photoelectric effect and write the equation that explains the energy balance between the incoming photon, the exiting electron, and the binding energy.
- Explain the dependence of Photoelectric effect upon atomic number of the absorber and the photon energy
- Describe the process of Internal Conversion
- Describe the Compton Effect and the type of collision involved regarding elasticity.
- Identify Angle f in the equation for Compton Effect
- Explain the process of Pair Production, identify the pair, and explain how each of these two particles gives up their energy
RECEIVING YOUR CE CREDIT:
If you have taken one of the tutorials, received a score of 80% or above, and wish to receive CE credit: Make sure you submit all of the requested information when taking the test. It’s not necessary to send us the score sheets since we receive them electronically when you submit your answers for scoring.
Within 24 hours of receipt of your submitted score sheets and payment for the tutorial(s), we will do all of the following:
1. Send a certificate to you via e-mail
2. Send a certificate to you via US Mail
3. All members of the SNMMI will have to self-report their CE Credits on the SNMMI Website (www.snmmi.org). We will automatically send detailed self-reporting instructions to you along with your CE Credit Certificate.
If you have any problems with the self-reporting system, please contact the VOICE Coordinator directly at 703 708-9000. ).
If paying by check, please make payable to Consultants in Nuclear Medicine and mail your payment to: Consultants in Nuclear Medicine 2910 W. Estes Avenue Chicago, IL 60645-2394
To make sure your check is in the appropriate amount, please note the following:
If a tutorial awards 1 CEU, the cost is $20.00
If a tutorial awards 2 CEU, the cost is $30.00
If a tutorial awards 3 CEU, the cost is $40.00
If paying by credit card: we offer a secure internet service via PayPal, a well known internet provider (www.paypal.com) for all of our Online Tutorial Courses.
Simply click the appropriate link for the tutorial for which you wish to receive CE credit. Check your “shopping cart” order carefully- adding or deleting items before you proceed to check out. “PayPal” credit card payments are available for anyone although you will need to submit more information if you are a new user without an established “PayPal” account. Please use the PayPal links on the website to submit your payment. If your credit card information does not match your score page information, please include a copy of your PayPal payment statement so we can match transactions correctly.
STUDENTS PREPARING FOR CERTIFICATION EXAMINATIONS:
All of our tutorials are available for your use in reviewing for your Board Certification Examination. There is no charge to use these tutorials unless you wish to obtain CE Credit.
TECHNOLOGISTS WISHING TO RECEIVE CE CREDIT:
Please feel free to review the tutorials as often as you wish; the test may be taken once. If a score <80% is obtained, then the test may be retaken once.
If the score is still <80%, please contact Dr. Karesh, Tutorials Coordinator, by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org for further instructions.