This tutorial provides 3.0 CEUs and is ideal for:
- Nuclear Medicine and Radiology Technologists. The VOICE program of the Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging (SNMMI) has reviewed this program and approved it for a maximum of 81 continuing education hours. Because these tutorials have been approved by the VOICE Program, they are accepted for CE credit in all 50 states and by ARRT and NMTCB, even if you are not a VOICE/SNMMI member.
- Physicians requiring CME Credits to maintain IAC Accreditation. All or a portion of this educational activity may meet the CME requirement for IAC Nuclear/PET Accreditation. Our website is listed on the resources page of the IAC website.
Proceed to the Tutorial: Radionuclide Therapy-Radiation Safety Precautions Tutorial
Proceed to the Quiz: Radionuclide Therapy-Radiation Safety Precautions Quiz
Purchase Tutorial: Payment Link (Credit Card or Payment)
PATIENT AND DOSE ADMINISTRATOR PRECAUTIONS AND DOSE ADMINISTRATION METHODS WHEN ADMINISTERING THERAPEUTIC RADIOPHARMACEUTICALS CONTAINING: I-131, P-32, Sr-89, and Y-90. TUTORIAL: 3 CEU CREDIT
This tutorial gives an overview of patient and dose administrator precautions and dose administration methods when administering therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals containing I-131, P-32, Sr-89, and Y-90.
At the conclusion of this lecture, the attendees should be able to:
1. Describe the administration procedures for treating thyroid diseases with I-131 sodium iodide using capsules and solution
2. Describe the applicability of the TDS Concept (Time, Distance, and Shielding) to minimizing radiation dose during the administration of therapeutic radiopharmaceuticals and state the relationship of each of those 3 factors to radiation dose, e.g., linear or exponential.
3. Explain the importance of good hygiene on the part of the patient
4. State at least 5 dose administrator precautions related to low-dose I-131 NaI administration
5. State the guidelines for pregnancy and nursing when I-131 is to be administered
6. State at least 10 dose administrator precautions related to high-dose I-131 NaI administration
7. Describe the administration procedures for treating non-Hodgkin’s Lymphoma with Y-90 Zevalin
8. State at least 5 dose administrator precautions related to treatment of non-Hodgkins Lymphoma with Y-90 Zevalin
9. . Describe the procedures for administration of P-32 Na phosphate and Sr-89 strontium chloride
10. State at least 3 dose administrator precautions related to administration of P-32 Na phosphate and Sr-89 strontium chloride
RECEIVING YOUR CE CREDIT:
If you have taken one of the tutorials, received a score of 80% or above, and wish to receive CE credit: Make sure you submit all of the requested information when taking the test. It’s not necessary to send us the score sheets since we receive them electronically when you submit your answers for scoring.
Within 24 hours of receipt of your submitted score sheets and payment for the tutorial(s), we will do all of the following:
1. Send a certificate to you via e-mail
2. Send a certificate to you via US Mail
3. All members of the SNMMI will have to self-report their CE Credits on the SNMMI Website (www.snmmi.org). We will automatically send detailed self-reporting instructions to you along with your CE Credit Certificate.
If you have any problems with the self-reporting system, please contact the VOICE Coordinator directly at 703 708-9000. ).
If paying by check, please make payable to Consultants in Nuclear Medicine and mail your payment to: Consultants in Nuclear Medicine 2910 W. Estes Avenue Chicago, IL 60645-2394
To make sure your check is in the appropriate amount, please note the following:
If a tutorial awards 1 CEU, the cost is $20.00
If a tutorial awards 2 CEU, the cost is $30.00
If a tutorial awards 3 CEU, the cost is $40.00
If paying by credit card: we offer a secure internet service via PayPal, a well known internet provider (www.paypal.com) for all of our Online Tutorial Courses.
Simply click the appropriate link for the tutorial for which you wish to receive CE credit. Check your “shopping cart” order carefully- adding or deleting items before you proceed to check out. “PayPal” credit card payments are available for anyone although you will need to submit more information if you are a new user without an established “PayPal” account. Please use the PayPal links on the website to submit your payment. If your credit card information does not match your score page information, please include a copy of your PayPal payment statement so we can match transactions correctly.
STUDENTS PREPARING FOR CERTIFICATION EXAMINATIONS:
All of our tutorials are available for your use in reviewing for your Board Certification Examination. There is no charge to use these tutorials unless you wish to obtain CE Credit.
TECHNOLOGISTS WISHING TO RECEIVE CE CREDIT:
Please feel free to review the tutorials as often as you wish; the test may be taken once. If a score <80% is obtained, then the test may be retaken once.
If the score is still <80%, please contact Dr. Karesh, Tutorials Coordinator, by e-mail at email@example.com for further instructions.