3This tutorial provides 3 CEUs and is ideal for:
- Nuclear Medicine and Radiology Technologists. The VOICE program of the Society of Nuclear Medicine and Molecular Imaging (SNMMI) has reviewed this program and approved it for a maximum of 71 continuing education hours. Because these tutorials have been approved by the VOICE Program, they are accepted for CE credit in all 50 states and by ARRT and NMTCB, even if you are not a VOICE/SNMMI member.
- Physicians requiring CME Credits to maintain IAC Accreditation. All or a portion of this educational activity may meet the CME requirement for IAC Nuclear/PET Accreditation. Our website is listed on the resources page of the IAC website.
Proceed to the Tutorial: XOFIGO Tutorial
Proceed to the Quiz: XOFIGO Quiz
Purchase Tutorial: Payment link (Credit Cards/Paypal)
XOFIGO: 3 CEU
This tutorial gives an overview of Palliation of Pain Caused by Bony Metastases Using Ra-223 Chloride (XOFIGO).
Topics to be covered
- Official drug name, clinical indications, and a technical description of this radio therapeutic drug
- A description of the radioactive decay scheme of radium 223 and information regarding its penetrability and human tissue
- Contra indications and side effects and adverse reactions related to this drug
- Computation of the administered dose based on patient body mass and condition of bone marrow.
- Dose administration procedure
- Internal radiation dosimetry associated with the administration of XOFIGO
- Eligibility criteria for performing this procedure.
- Kaplan-Meyer curves for overall survival
After completion of this tutorial, one should be able to
- Describe XOFIGO and its physical, chemical, and biological properties as well its mode of decay.
- State the clinical indication for use of XOFIGO
- Describe the eligibility requirements for qualifying a patient for a XOFIGO study
- Describe administration procedure and frequency of injections
- List 3 contraindications for performing the procedure
- Explain the procedure for determining dose volume
- List several possible adverse reactions and side effects
- Give a brief overview of the internal radiation dosimetry associated with XOFIGO
- Explain the Kaplan-Meyer curves and overall survival based on clinical results
RECEIVING YOUR CE CREDIT:
If you have taken one of the tutorials, received a score of 80% or above, and wish to receive CE credit: Make sure you submit all of the requested information when taking the test. It’s not necessary to send us the score sheets since we receive them electronically when you submit your answers for scoring.
Within 24 hours of receipt of your submitted score sheets and payment for the tutorial(s), we will do all of the following:
1. Send a certificate to you via e-mail
2. Send a certificate to you via US Mail
3. All members of the SNMMI will have to self-report their CE Credits on the SNMMI Website (www.snmmi.org). We will automatically send detailed self-reporting instructions to you along with your CE Credit Certificate.
If you have any problems with the self-reporting system, please contact the VOICE Coordinator directly at 703 708-9000. ).
If paying by check, please make payable to Consultants in Nuclear Medicine and mail your payment to: Consultants in Nuclear Medicine 2910 W. Estes Avenue Chicago, IL 60645-2394
To make sure your check is in the appropriate amount, please note the following:
If a tutorial awards 1 CEU, the cost is $20.00
If a tutorial awards 2 CEU, the cost is $30.00
If a tutorial awards 3 CEU, the cost is $40.00
If paying by credit card: we offer a secure internet service via PayPal, a well known internet provider (www.paypal.com) for all of our Online Tutorial Courses.
Simply click the appropriate link for the tutorial for which you wish to receive CE credit. Check your “shopping cart” order carefully- adding or deleting items before you proceed to check out. “PayPal” credit card payments are available for anyone although you will need to submit more information if you are a new user without an established “PayPal” account. Please use the PayPal links on the website to submit your payment. If your credit card information does not match your score page information, please include a copy of your PayPal payment statement so we can match transactions correctly.
STUDENTS PREPARING FOR CERTIFICATION EXAMINATIONS:
All of our tutorials are available for your use in reviewing for your Board Certification Examination. There is no charge to use these tutorials unless you wish to obtain CE Credit.
TECHNOLOGISTS WISHING TO RECEIVE CE CREDIT:
Please feel free to review the tutorials as often as you wish; the test may be taken once. If a score <80% is obtained, then the test may be retaken once.
If the score is still <80%, please contact Dr. Karesh, Tutorials Coordinator, by e-mail at email@example.com for further instructions.